Thursday, November 2, 2023

Day 6- Goal Achieving

Today’s fitness focus was Goal Achieving!  

This was my first full day in Yosemite National Park.  I can’t help but head for the trails!   With Allan at work today, I get a solo day of exploration.  Today, I’m venturing out onto a ‘new to me’ trail.  I decided on the Four mile trail.  It looks pretty challenging, plus I’d heard the views along the path are amazingly magical!  

The air was crisp and cold as I started my ascend.  The first hour was uncomfortably cold, even though I had ALL my layers on to stay warm.  

The trail was straight up for the first 4 1/2-ish miles.  The views I anticipate coming are definitely what kept me pushing on!

About 2 miles up the trail I start to question my ability to complete this hike.  I feel myself sucking air and my legs are feeling like rubber.  I consider the ‘heavier than necessary’ pack I’m hauling, as I see a couple fellow hikers with a small backpack…if anything.   I realize that most of what I'm carrying is fear based in some way.  You know, 'just in case' kind of stuff that more than likely I'll never use on this hike.  In the future, I can work on packing lighter.  😉

The thought processing of how I pack my bag keeps me distracted long enough to forget about my self-doubts.   I see another clearing up ahead and I hurry to get to the view.   I stop and stare at the incredible beauty…


There is no longer a question about quitting, I must go on. 


Every time I see an opportunity where the trail offers another glimpse of the majestic mountain beauty I must stop.  It almost appears like each view reveals a little bit more than the last…how cool!!  



Almost to the top…I know what awaits me there! ❤️



Phew…I did it!

…pushing through the struggle allotted me this spectacular view!!  


Today's fitness wins:

Four mile trail Yosemite: 10.66 miles 3458 elevation gain 

Total hiking time: 6 hours 2 minutes 

MUSIC inspiration:

Get Up by Shinedown 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Process of Growth

  Fitness motivation: Process of growth One personal area I am working on is relinquishing control. It wasn’t until this last year…more pre...