Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Permission to start over

 I can always start over each hour. 

Fitness Motivation: Start over.

We all have the days when we don't make the best or healthiest decisions.  Today was one of those days for me.  The last two days I have struggled with anxiety, overthinking, and empath symptoms of feelings others' pain/hurt/stress, and it has been taking its toll. Today I awoke around 2 am and I couldn't get back to sleep, no matter what I tried.  

By the end of lunch, I had consumed a hot chocolate, not 1....not 2....but 3 Krispy Kreme raspberry filled donuts and a Deluxe Tostada from Taco Tico.  

What followed was intense fatigue, eaters' remorse/guilt and a terrible belly ache.  Despite how AMAZING it all tasted...it didn't feel worth it in the end.  

As soon as I left work, I was planning on going straight home to rest.  

NO... I will not go home to rest.  I changed my self-talk from all the reasons I can't work out to encouragement to get back up and do what I need to do despite how I feel right now.  Being disciplined today means showing up to the gym to get my workout in....no matter what.  So, that's what I did.  

Upon arriving to the little gym across the street, I quickly noticed it was 82 degrees inside.  With my already upset stomach, this was the perfect reason to go home and "come back later".  However, I coached myself into staying: "C'mon girl, stick it out"... I decided to prop the door open to allow some airflow.  No excuses. 

After my workout, I went home, changed my shoes, harnessed my puppy, and went outside for an evening walk.  The weather was cool and the wind calm.  As I walked, I got to watch the sky light up with colors as the sun made its final descent.  I found this so peaceful.  

Just before completing my walk, I got to share conversation with a friend who reminded me to surrender my stress and anxiety to the one upstairs who can handle it and find some laughter in my day.  What a breath of fresh air the conversation was!

I used my self-talk to get back up from my poor choices earlier and make a better evening.  That's a win!

I'm really glad I stayed disciplined.  It's just before 7 pm and I am feeling optimistic, confident, and proud of myself.  

Fitness Wins:

30 min weighted workout

4.15 mile walk

Music Motivation: Fight on, Fighter by for King & Country



1 comment:

Process of Growth

  Fitness motivation: Process of growth One personal area I am working on is relinquishing control. It wasn’t until this last year…more pre...