Thursday, November 9, 2023

Process of Growth


 

Fitness motivation: Process of growth

One personal area I am working on is relinquishing control. It wasn’t until this last year…more precisely in the last few months that I realized I struggled so often with this.  

I am SO grateful I have had my eyes opened!!!!  

For me, subconsciously I was trying to be helpful…my intentions were simply that.  

Without directly saying it I was saying “ I know how to do/manage/resolve this situation better than you”…let me help you.  

Seeking control feels like a recipe for a superiority complex…and a lot of unnecessary pressure to “help” others taking me away from the energy to care for myself.  

What I am learning: 

  • All control is based in fear.
  • When I surrender my control of others I can’t control anyways, what I am really doing is letting go of a costly coping mechanism.
  • Control is NOT attractive 
  • Empowering others to own their own choices and life feels so dang good!!!!
  • I realize I have a LONG way to go on this journey, but I also know that I WANT to make this change.  
  • I would benefit from practicing setting boundaries 

As I workout today I focus on controlling each movement…my mental focus and the effort I put into each movement. 

Fitness Wins: 

30 min weight workout

3 mile walk









No comments:

Post a Comment

Process of Growth

  Fitness motivation: Process of growth One personal area I am working on is relinquishing control. It wasn’t until this last year…more pre...