Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Empowered beginnings

This morning upon awakening I attempted to take a selfie.  I was mortified by how far from health and wellness I have allowed myself to become.  Then the horrible and demeaning self talk began in my head.  

See, the only bully I've ever personally experienced is the one in my head. 

It’s time to TAKE HER DOWN!  

Right here…right now.  Searching inward and outward for motivation to push through. 

I was asked "How bad do I want this?"  That's a powerful question!  I want this...REALLY BAD!

No more sulking in my unwillingness to change my actions. It’s time to show myself  just how bad I want this. 

In Brene Brown’s book Rising Strong I find connection to the following statements: 

“I’m not great at falling and feeling my way back.”  “Falling still hurts”.  “Rising Strong after a fall is how we cultivate wholeheartedness in our life.”

“Fall…get up…try again”

I realize I have hit a wall in my workout routine.  My friend circle of individuals who engage in fitness activities with me has dwindled.  When left to my own avail, I have chosen avoidance, over working out alone.  

I am struggling to find internal motivation to invest in my own personal health and wellness.  This definitely comes with the cost of increased anxiety, difficulty sleeping, unhealthy eating habits, weight gain, and low self-esteem.  One might think that these symptoms alone could help fuel my desire to change my actions....but they do not.  

When I feel good mentally and physically, this is when I find the most motivation.  When my mood is low I tend to hide away and limit my exercise even though I KNOW it will help me to feel better!  Sounds pretty insane to me.

So, I set out on a journey...a journey to connect with others and see what it is that keeps them inspired to live a life of health and wellness.  On the hard days, I may lean on their perspective to help carry me through.  

I have made a list of responses from friends that you can view on my next blog post.  

MUSIC inspiration:  Right Here Right Now by Graffiti Ghosts.

I am Incredible!



1 comment:

Process of Growth

  Fitness motivation: Process of growth One personal area I am working on is relinquishing control. It wasn’t until this last year…more pre...